Monday 20 August 2012

POM EXAM


My first ever POM exam:


Shaky legs, sweaty palms, nervous disposition……..no they were certainly not me on my very first POM exam day. For it was a very different day. I my life of 26 years I have appeared in many exams , but this one was quite different from the rest. This was an exam in which I hardly studied anything from  the  book, yet I was confident. This was a brand new teaching methodology which was being put to use, LEARNING THROUGH BLOGS is the new buzzword in NITIE.


 This is a new initiative by our professor Dr. T Prasad aka Dr. Mandi. This new methodology forced us to rethink our basic foundations of rote learning. It forced us to be creative and innovative. This aspect showed in the exam too, we as students were writing answers , not from the books, but from the engaging discussions we had inside the classroom as well as the brainstorming we have to do in our blogs. In my opinion exams are a means of testing knowledge as well as a rigorous test of our managing skills too, be it time management, pressure handling, of a test of knowledge, exams push us to our limits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment